A few policy type things:
1) I will post a picture of the cover of the book on my blog and leave an honest review that is at least ten sentences.
2) I will post a review on my Goodreads account as well.
3) All books will be given a star rating.
4) If I cannot finish the book for whatever reason, I will contact the author or publishing company and explain. I will not just let a book sit in limbo forever and ever.
5) I reserve the right to hate a book. If I don't like it, I will still be honest about it but will not bash a book. I will explain myself thoroughly and fairly.
Whew! Done with rules. I hate rules.
Some of the genres I am interested in are:
- Historical Romance
- Historical Fiction
- Urban Fantasy
- Fairy tales
- Young Adult/New Adult
Genres I'm not interested in:
- Anything gory
- Traditional mysteries
- Books that are sad for the sake of being sad
I generally go by the Goodreads model for star ratings. There may be some degrees in between but I will do my best to be faithful to it.
Three Stars: I liked the book but wasn't head over heels for it. There may have been plot holes or somewhat unlikable characters but I enjoyed it.
Four Stars: Loved the book and willing to reread. I adore the characters and the plot flows well. May have a few small mistakes that can be overlooked but overall, a solid read.