Hello everybody! To everyone in the eastern USA, I hope you are surviving our snowpocalypse and to everybody else, the same applies for Tuesday. I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by the lovely Rachel over at Rachel's Reading Corner. I am beyond honored that anyone would ever consider nominating me so much love! Y'all should check out her blog!
The rules are pretty simple:
1. Nominate 15 other bloggers relatively new to blogging. (I used this somewhat loosely)
2. Let the bloggers know that you've nominated them.
3. Share 10 random facts about yourself.
4. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
5. Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your post.
Let's begin with the nominations!
- Izzy at The Reading Izzy
- Melissa at Ever So Mela
- Kitty and Fari at My Little Corner For Books
- Rocki at Raquel Gabriel's Blog
- Myra at I'm Loving Books
- Carole at Carole's Random Life
- AJ at Read All The Things!
- Kristen at Pretty Little Pages
- Paranormal Blogger at Paranormal Books
- Jennifer at Asterisk Pearl's Book Blog
- Sandee at Book Ramblings of A Whimsical Reader
- Jennifer at Heartland Reading
- Killian at Leaf on the Breeze
- Naomi at The Perks of Being a Bookworm
- Courtney at Courtney's Reads
Everybody needs to go drop by their wonderful blogs :-)
Alright...time for the "Getting to Know You" section of this...
- I'm absolutely terrified of spiders, despite being in the environmental world. I moved out of my room for 3 months because I had found what I thought were two brown recluse spiders in my bed.
- I won an international award for my photography portfolio in high school. I also used to write short stories and poetry and won some stuff with that but I haven't had the time to pursue any of that recently.
- The color scheme for my upcoming nuptials are lavender, plum and steel grey. Apparently the grey is depressing but it is one of my favorite colors.
- I'm a shameless and obsessive Harry Potter fan. I was always pulling for Draco and Hermione to get together. Alas...my dreams were shattered.
- I love shrimp and grits. I will order it from whatever restaurant I go to and have a killer recipe for it myself which leads to my next factoid...
- I love to cook! My parents and brother got me a massive wok for Christmas and I'm having fun figuring out different ways to cook with it.
- I am terrible at foreign languages. I have tried for years and years and I was nearly fluent in Spanish for a while. I can still communicate but I suck at it.
- I'm a Liverpool fan. I tend to use this as self defense in the South where I get asked about my football allegiances. I also tend to look like an asshole doing this.
- I use the word "y'all" deliberately. A fair number of people like to think that there is a dearth of well educated people from Alabama and I'm out to prove them wrong and still have a fun accent while doing it.
- I'm getting into anime again so if anybody wants to recommend any, I'm happy to hear it!
Alright y'all, that's it! I'd like to very sincerely thank Rachel for the nomination! It means a lot that other bloggers are nominating people and it's such a cool and respectful thing to do.
Also, thank you to everybody who follows me and comments, both here and on Goodreads. It's wonderful to be able to discuss books with others and not feel so isolated in the literary world. Y'all make reading more fun than it already is and I look forward to interacting every day. I think people forget really easily what a single small act can do for others but y'all brighten my world and I'd like to think I do the same for a few as you guys as well.