Friday, March 13, 2015

The Friday 56 (2)


This is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Freda at Freda's Voice.  This is a fun and simple meme, just follow the rules! It's a great way to connect with bloggers and share new or favorite books with them.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Add your name to the link up at Freda's Voice

This Friday, I'm going with The Casquette Girls by Alys Arden. It's one of the best paranormal thrillers I've read in a long time and I love that it is set in New Orleans. It's an awesome book so go check it out!

"Inside, the smell of wood, lilacs, and cinnamon permeated the air. I can't believe I am here looking for answers, I thought as I walked past the Voodoo dolls, tourist thrills, and alligator skulls. I found Désirée at the counter, doing what I assumed was homework. I would turn out to be wrong; at least, it wasn't homework in the traditional sense."

What are y'all reading this weekend? Any big plans? How do you feel about books set in New Orleans? Big fan or overplayed?

2 comments:

  1. You had me at voodoo.... lol... it usually makes for great stories!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a crazy mix of vampires and voodoo In a unique way.

      Thanks!

      Delete